The Trans Pennine Challenge from Didsbury to Sheffield
The The Trans Pennine Challenge - 22nd - 23rd June 2013. Do you think you can you take it on? If you want to redefine your 2013 goals, push yourself further, and fundraise for a charity of your choice in the process – then this could be the challenge for you! Set in the magnificent backdrop of the Peak District, it will be a journey that you’ll never forget.
Starting from PARRSWOOD HIGH SCHOOL, DIDSBURY, whether you walk it or run it, tackle 100KM or 50KM – you could be one of 1500 making a difference! Testing stamina, fitness and endurance, this challenge is fully inclusive and you will be supported all the way. Starting from Didesbury, you can attempt the ultimate 100km route to Sheffield, a tough endurance walk within 24 hours or an Ultra Marathon run in under 15hours. Or, take on the 50KM ‘Marathon Plus’ distance from Manchester to Penistone, as either a walk or run!
Choose your distance, choose your charity, and set your watch.
Be part of the challenge which will see 1500 Challengers attempt the course and fundraise for a charity of your choice. Sign up in teams of friends, colleagues or join as an individual and meet fellow Challengers along the way. This is an epic event and with the help of your team mates, the Trans Pennine Challenge Group and a good pair of footwear - it will be a weekend to remember!
• Walk it! – 50KM or 100KM at a pace that suits you;
• Run it! – 100KM ‘Ultra-Marathon’ or 50KM ‘Marathon Plus’;
• Join as an Individual - and you'll be supported you all the way;
• Join as a Team – support each other to the finish line;
• Fully supported with rest stops every 12.5KM;
• Hot food stops provided en-route;
• Fully signed route + GPS files + route maps;
• Pace walkers/runners, medics, physios, masseuses;
• £60 (50KM) / £85 (100KM) to sign up + fundraising pledge;
• Participant Area with training and advice resources;
• Training walks to help you prepare and meet the Action Challenge team.
PLACES ON THE CHALLENGE ARE LIMITED SO SIGN UP TO THE CHALLENGE TODAY - http://www.transpenninechallenge.co.uk/
Follow the Trans Pennine Challenge on Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/transpchallenge